When I was a freshman at BYU, I was sitting with my roommate, Amanda, and with another friend of ours eating lunch. I was telling a story, and right in the middle of my sentence, the friend said, "Did you know you have a really, soothing voice?" I could feel my face filling up with redness and embarrassment. What did he mean? From the looks of my face, he then added, "It's a good thing." I hadn't thought much about that incident until recently, where I think this "soothing voice" has now been very useful. I have now been doing a lot of voice recordings after work. I've done one for a phone company where people will hear me say, "Press 1 for English" or "Sorry, the pin you entered is invalid." I've been called back mostly to do dialogues for books students will be using to learn English. One time I even did a voice recording for a GRE vocabulary book for students to hear how to correctly pronounce the words. What was a funny coincidence, was that the book will be used by my previous employer. Sean has also done some recordings too. It's been really fun, and a great way to earn a little extra spending money.

Saturday, June 6, 2009
Recently
Posted by Samantha at 3:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would call all day just to hear your voice :)
You guys look so cute and professional! I love it! And after it was brought to my attention, I thought about it and agree you do have a beautiful voice!
I love your voice! Telling stories!
Post a Comment