Friday, November 20, 2009

Gone Wild

I'm back! I've been shut off from the blogging world, but now I'm back, at least for now. I have lots to share and to update of this WILD and crazy place.
About a month ago, Sean and I went down south about an hour and a half out of the city to the Wild Animal Park. If anyone has ever gone to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego, and ridden the tram that goes around the "African Safari," you can see the giraffes, rhinos, gazelles, and other animals from a distance. However, the Wild Animal Park here is up close and personal!
Here we are getting into our "tram". Carrots and vegetables lined the bottom perimeter, so we could feed the animals.
Raw meat was placed on both ends of the truck. The only way the bears, tigers, and lions can get it is if they stand up on their hind legs.
We entered the bear section, and immediately five huge Asian Brown bears stood up on their hind legs and grabbed the meat. It was so fast and startling, I only was able to get a short video clip.

The lions and tigers didn't seem to care too much, maybe because the trucks ahead of us already provided their lunch, but it was fun to get up really close to all of the animals.
Outside of the truck ride were baby tigers. For a small fee, you could pet and hold them. How amazing is that! Look how cute they are.
The people before us, obviously had no experience holding a tiger, and the cub could tell;).
However, since Sean is an animal lover the baby tiger (could sense Sean's love for it and) calmed down once Sean picked him up.


Overall, it was a pretty unforgettable experience.

3 comments:

Alex and Morgan said...

OH MY GOSH!!! you guys are soooo cool!!!!! we miss you tons!

Amy said...

Ahh!! That's awesome!

bklain said...

So glad you're back on the blog! I've missed seeing your adventures. You look so cute Sam! Love you guys!