If you are retired, have Saturdays off, or are a small child being taken care of by your grandparents, the place to be is in the Park. Right east of my apartment is a wonderful park. On Saturday I went for a run/walk through this park. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face, it was so Chinese. Running had never been so entertaining. When I first entered through the gate many men were set up on these small stool chairs with their coolers and fishing poles.
Next I passed a little boy with his toy sword pressed against his back tucked in the back of pants as if he was a Kong Fu warrior, ready to defend his mother and grandmother at any moment. What made me laugh was that his sword was bright pink (genders are not associated with colors, its really hard to tell the difference between little boys and girls because they all have shaved heads...so maybe that boy was a girl?)
I came upon a large courtyard with ping-pong player enthusiasts, tai chi exercises with bright lavender fans opening and closing with such force yet softness, and a beautiful choir of random people singing.
Then as I continued on there were the cutest couples practicing their ballroom dancing.
I finished off this wonderful experience with these tapping laddies.
3 comments:
I loved seeing what you saw on your run! What a fun post! I was surprised to see a new post!! Happy anniversary this month to you two! When are you coming to visit us here in Mississippi? :D
or move back to the US even? :)
love the intense morning cardio workout of tapping :) maybe i should try it! ha.
Post a Comment