The Summer Palace is sprawling with beauty.
There was so much to see. We took over a hundred pictures here. Here are some of our favorites.

The palace served the Qing Dynasty as an imperial retreat during the summer from the confines of the Forbidden City.
This is a picture of the Temple of a 1,000 Buddhas.
Inside I didn't realize the sign that said no pictures. Whoops!
This is a Pagoda. I love the yellow on it. Pagoda designs are based on Indian Stupa. The Chinese pagoda was developed in the first century AD along with the arrival of Buddhism. They are often intended to house a religious statue.

9 comments:
Wow...these are beautiful pictures. You have got to stop writing such exciting posts, because you have rekindled our desire to live in Asia and now David is trying to convince me that it won't be very hard to bring our baby to China! Ha ha. Really we do love checking your blog, especially David. He doesn't check very many, but checks yours the most BY FAR! He can't wait to hear about every cool adventure you go on, so keep them coming!
I love when you update your blog! It is good to see and hear how things are going for you!! We miss you guys!! We'll save you guys a place next-door to wherever we end up!! :D
I just found your blog and I love it! How interesting all the things you're doing in China. Love to hear about it all.
WOW, those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
You guys are really cute!!
Hey Sean and Sam, friends, pally-wallies, sup? So we miss you guys, too bad your time zone is way off so we can't do anything fun online. We found out how to play settlers online for free. It could be like the good ol' days. Anyway, you guys are awesome. One thing I might suggest is that you take down the Buddha picture because you don't want to get in trouble with China. It is good to have personally, but I would be careful, at least until you get back here in the states. Anyways, you guys are awesome.
wow! you guys look like you're having so much fun! we miss you lots!
We miss you guys! I want to talk to you ASAP! We still need to get our webcam... but we love you and look forward to talking to you soon! Great pics!
Hello Sam & Sean! You are living in China? What a cool opportunity. I"m glad you blog about your adventures. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment